- Segher’s Place - Completion of highway works on the A22 Uckfield bypass
- Double Fast-track Fitout Completion in Berwick Street
- Bodmin Jail completion makes the frontpage of Building Magazine
- Award-winning project Native Manchester reopens post lockdown
- 20 Year Sponsors of Weybridge Vandals RFC
- Total Project Integration donations to support Online Learning during COVID-19
- 3D Tour of Dartford Valley RFC
- Breaking ground at Ridgewood Farm, Uckfield, East Sussex
- Multi-Storey Car Park – Completion Achieved
- James Allen’s Girls’ School - The Official Opening Concert
- Fantastic day out at the Weybridge Community Regatta 2019!
- Enterprise Centre East Northants'
- THE W1 LONDON, MARYLEBONE HIGH STREET, THE SMARTEST STREET IN LONDON
- WELSH STREETS, PLACE FIRST, WINNER OF BUILDING AWARDS 2018, REFURBISHMENT CATEGORY
- TOTAL PROJECT INTEGRATION WINNERS OF GOLD EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR INVESTORS IN PEOPLE AWARDS 2018
- ACACIA HALL, DARTFORD APPOINTMENT
Segher’s Place – Completion of highway works on the A22 Uckfield bypass
Total Project Integration are celebrating the completion of another successful infrastructure project. This project, on the A22 Uckfield bypass, saw the construction of two new roundabouts (one constructed “off-line”, the other built “on-line”, tied into the existing highway), an additional section of carriageway, spine roads and a new lay-by.
The Segher’s Place masterplan development, adjacent to the A22 Uckfield bypass, includes the provision of 1,000 new homes, community facilities, a school and employment land. The initial phase of 250 homes is now currently under construction, however, before any future phases of development could progress, new site infrastructure and in particular direct highways access off the A22 needed to be constructed. This new infrastructure, constructed on a heavily sloping site, is to be adopted by the local highways’ authority. We were appointed by Welbeck Land to provide Project Management, Employer’s Agent, and Cost Consultancy services on this project.
The full scope of works, managed by Total Project Integration, included the construction of a new roundabout directly onto the A22 Uckfield Bypass, between Little Horsted and Copwood roundabouts, the creation of a section of single carriageway that leads to a second on site roundabout and a new vehicle lay-by on the A22 Uckfield Bypass (northbound). Significant earthworks operations were required on this sloping site, along with the diversion of an existing Medium Pressure gas main and the provision of new power supplies for street lighting and illuminated signage and bollards.
Our role also included assisting with the negotiation of the 3 separate highways section agreements, agreeing detailed traffic management plans with the local highways department, town council and key local stakeholders such as the police and local bus companies, which included narrow lanes, 2-way lights and overnight closures. We also managed the enabling works for this project which involved site clearance under a licence from Natural England.
We are proud to have been part of this complex project which improves the transport network and supports the community with access to new homes and jobs.